Monday, February 24, 2014

Color Project

Plan:

In Progress:

The theme that I have chosen is kind of a mixture between disguise and creature. The reason for this is because in my drawing, the person seems like it has a normal eye but as you take a look closer you realize it's an alligator eye. Basically disguising the eye of an animal on a human face, creating a sort of creature. The medium I've chosen to use are colored pencils. I did this because I thought it would be easier to bring out the characteristics of my art piece with this certain material. One difficulty that I have encountered while working on this project was lining up the facial features correctly. It's harder than it actually looks to draw an eye and make it fit perfectly on an art piece, but to my surprise, it is coming along better than I imagined.


Finished:

I really think my color project turned out very good. The area i'm mostly proud of was the eye shape and how it was proportional to the whole art piece. If I could go back and change one thing it would probably be to add a little more realistic features so that it would look even better. What I learned from this project is that taking your time with an art piece really affects the outcome. With this project it made me have to take some time to actually get my thoughts together about what I was going to make. Usually I can think of something right then and there but this one really made you think. The reason for this is because the themes weren't your everyday type of themes. They were different and caused you to think outside of the box a little bit. I enjoyed this color project!

No comments:

Post a Comment