Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Portrait

How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?

- I used my own unique idea by drawing a cartoon portrait of my younger brother Will. I did this because I really like drawing cartoon figures.

Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?

- I did find inspiration from the artist my art teacher showed us in class. His name is Kehinde Wiley. The portraits made by him are extremely different and unique from you everyday art portrait. 

How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked? 

- I simply responded to challenges by looking at the plan sketch I drew and tried to proportion everything that wasn't.

Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?

- The head turned out to be a little bigger than I expected but when I took a step back and thought about it, that's what makes it kind of unique. Nothing has to be perfect so I accepted that.


No comments:

Post a Comment