Thursday, May 8, 2014

Perspective

Category 3: One point perspective

How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?

- I used my own unique ideas in multiple ways. At first, I was going to make my picture one point perspective with buildings on each side. Well, after drawing the right side of the street first, I thought it would be unique to put a country like area on the left side. So that's what I did to make it different from what you normally see. My motive behind making this piece was New York. People mainly know New York for its city but there is also a countryside to it. So I thought it would be kind of cool to show both views.

Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your ideas to make it original?

- Well I did see a one point perspective picture of a city and the road narrowing more and more as you got to the top of the page. That's when I thought about New York City and also its countryside.

Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?

- Yes, the new technique I learned how to do was one point perspective. Before this project, I kind of knew how to do one point perspective but i've learned interesting tricks and ways to make your art piece look more and more a certain perspective.

Did you gain skill with familiar materials?

- Yes, I gained more skill sketching with pencil and coloring with colored pencils.



No comments:

Post a Comment