Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sculpture

Questions:

What is this artwork intended to say?

- This artwork is intended to just make you think about summer and all the beach memories.

What issues are you examining through your artwork?

- The issues that I am coming across currently is how to make certain pieces of my project stand out. At first I wasn't really sure how to carve things out in the clay but then I got help from my teacher and took off from there.

How is this artwork about who you are or what you like?

- This artwork describes what I really love, which is the beach. It makes me think about all the fun moments i've had with family members and friends and it really is just a fun place to kick back and chill. I also love the calm sound of the waves when you are laying down in the sand. It's extremely relaxing and that's mainly why I love it.

Did you try something that you weren't sure about as part of this project?

- Yes, I wasn't sure how to make the drawing I drew on a piece of paper put onto clay. So I had to get a little more familiar with everything and then it all worked out.

Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar?

- Yes, we had an option of what materials we wanted to use and I decided to go with clay. I've played with clay before for fun but never really as an art project. So this was kind of new to me but I enjoyed it.

Work in progress picture:


Final Product:




No comments:

Post a Comment